TRB conducted a webinar on July 10, 2013 from 2:00 p.m.- 3:30 p.m. ET that featured research conducted by TRB’s Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) on providing airport operators and planners with tools and methodologies designed for incorporating uncertainty into air traffic and fuel price forecasting methods. View the webinar recording
The ACRP reports presented in this webinar will provide airport managers, operators, and planners with techniques for measuring and characterizing the uncertainty inherent in trend-based projections of requirements of airport users and stakeholders.
Ian Kincaid of InterVISTAS Consulting will present the results of ACRP Report 76: Addressing Uncertainty about Future Airport Activity Levels in Airport Decision Making
. Ian will present a systems analysis methodology designed to augment standard master planning and strategic planning approaches by providing tools for improving the understanding of risk and uncertainty in air traffic forecasts, as well as tools for increasing the robustness of airport planning and decision-making.
William Spitz of GRA Incorporated will present the results of ACRP Report 48: Impact of Jet Fuel Price Uncertainty on Airport Planning and Development
. Bill will present a tool that measures the impact of changes in jet fuel price, which ultimately can be used to help evaluate the impact of fuel costs on airport development and finance.
Moderated by: Rick Busch, Retired; Denver International Airport
The first 60 minutes of the webinar is for presentations and the final 30 minutes is reserved for audience questions.
- To learn how to augment standard master planning and strategic planning approaches by using specific tools for improving the understanding of risk and uncertainty in air traffic forecasts.
- To learn how to measure the impact of changes in jet fuel price on supply and demand for air service at commercial service airports.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter
This webinar is sponsored by the Airport Cooperative Research Program. There is no fee to attend this webinar.
Continuing Education Units for Accredited Airport Executives:
The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) is making 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) available for A.A.E. If you are an A.A.E. and would like to apply for CEUs for this webinar, visit www.aaae.org/ceu
. For questions about A.A.E continuing education units, please contact email@example.com
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar is approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log-in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
To report your CM credits, visit planning.org/CM
1. Login using your ID# and password
2. Select My CM log
3. Select Add Credits
4. Under Browse you have the option of searching by Date, Provider, or Distance Education and using the search box to type in the name of the event or activity and clicking go
5. A pop-up box will appear. If this is a multi-part event you will have the option to select from a list of activities
6. Please rate, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and answer
7. Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 7/18/2013