TRB will conduct a webinar on Wednesday, May 24, 2017, from 2:00PM to 3:30PM ET that features research conducted by TRB’s Airport Cooperative Research Program
(ACRP) on the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen). NextGen refers to federal programs that are designed to modernize the National Airspace System (NAS). ACRP’s NextGen initiative aims to inform airport operators about some of these programs and how the enabling practices, data, and technologies resulting from them will affect airports. This webinar presents resources and guidance found in Volumes 1 and 2 of the report series. The other volumes in the report series will be the focus of a webinar
on Monday, May 22, 2017.
Participants must register in advance of the webinar, and there is no fee associated with this webinar. This webinar will provide 1.5 Continuing Education Units for Accredited Airport Executives. This webinar is approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits.
- Sebastian Timar, Architecture Technology Corporation
- Robb Varani, Ricondo & Associates
- Randy Murphy, Grafton Technologies, Inc.
Moderated by: Kent Duffy and Julie Marks, Federal Aviation Administration
- ACRP Report 150: NextGen for Airports, Volume 1: Understanding the Airport’s Role in Performance-Based Navigation: Resource Guide
- ACRP Report 150: NextGen for Airports, Volume 2: Engaging Airport Stakeholders: Guidebook
- Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will able to:
- Identify practical and actionable information for the implementation of Performance Based Navigation (PBN) flight procedures
- Understand effective methods for engaging airport stakeholders in the NextGen implementation process
- Understand what information stakeholders require and how to effectively encourage two-way communication
This webinar is sponsored by the Airport Cooperative Research Program
. There is no fee to attend this webinar.
Continuing Education Units for Accredited Airport Executives
The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) is making 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) available for A.A.E. If you are an A.A.E. and would like to apply for CEUs for this webinar, visit www.aaae.org/ceu
. For questions about A.A.E. continuing education units, please contact email@example.com
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar was approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log-in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
Please visit the Certification Maintenance section of APA’s website, Certification Maintenance webpage at www.planning.org/cm
to claim your credits. You may use the following steps:
- Log in using your ID# and password.
- Select View my CM log.
- Select Add CM-Registered Credits.
- Using the CM Search option, type in the name of the event or event number (e.g. 21064) and click "Go". Please note: If searching for an event by Provider, use the search option, type in the name of the provider and click “Go”. From the results below, select by clicking on the name of the provider.
- From the results below, find your event and select "Add to My Log." If this is a multi-part event, you will have the option to select from a list of activity sessions.
- Please rate the event, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and check the box to confirm. Note: you should see a message indicating the CM reporting period year that you are logging.
- Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log.
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 4/14/2017