TRB will conduct a webinar on Wednesday, May 17, 2017, from 2:00PM to 3:30PM ET about how state agencies use the International Roughness Index (IRI) as construction acceptance criteria on final paved surfaces. Presenters will explore why positive and/or negative pay adjustment schedules are applied. They will also discuss how some areas with excessive IRI may trigger corrective actions, including grinding or removal of pavements.
This webinar was organized by the TRB Standing Committee on Pavement Surface and Vehicle Interaction. Participants must register in advance of the webinar, and there is a fee for non-TRB Sponsor or non-TRB Sustaining Affiliate employees. A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to attendees who register and attend the webinar as an individual.
- Brian Schleppi, Ohio Department of Transportation
- Eric Prieve, Colorado Department of Transportation
- John Andrews, Maryland State Highway Administration
- Narinder Kohli, New Jersey Department of Transportation
Moderated by: Magdy Mikhail, Texas Department of Transportation
- Examples of IRI smoothness specifications used by state agencies
- IRI thresholds in determining incentive, disincentive, and corrective actions
- Lessons learned with implementation of IRI smoothness specifications
- Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions. The Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP) categorizes this webinar activity as relating to health, safety, and welfare including core technical.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define the requirements of IRI smoothness specifications
- Identify IRI threshold values for determining incentive, disincentive and corrective actions
- Understand how to implement IRI smoothness specifications
- Assess future revisions of IRI-based smoothness specifications for state agencies
There is no fee for employees of TRB Sponsors
or TRB Sustaining Affiliates
who register using their work email address. In addition to employees of TRB sponsor organizations, the following are eligible to receive complimentary webinar registration:
- TRB and National Academies employees;
- Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups;
- Members of the media;
- Employees of tribal governments; and
- Members of Congress or their staff.
Other sites must pay $95 per site. View our pricing page
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are no longer required to email TRB with your license number to report your attendance. Instead, please use your certificate that TRB provides through RCEP.net as verification of your attendance to the Florida Board of Professional Engineers.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in October 2016. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20005. Website: www.RCEP.net
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu.
This Summary Last Modified On: 4/12/2017