TRB’s Hazardous Materials Cooperative Research Program (HMCRP) Report 10: Feasibility Study for Highway Hazardous Materials Bulk Package Accident Performance Data Collection explores methods to collect and analyze performance data for U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)-specified hazardous materials bulk packages such as portable tanks and cargo tank motor vehicles.
The report also identifies and evaluates institutional challenges to data collection, and makes suggestions for overcoming these challenges.
In addition, the report offers a methodical approach for developing and implementing a reporting database system to collect and characterize information about damage to U.S. DOT-specified hazardous materials bulk packages involved in accidents, regardless of whether the damage resulted in a leak of contents.
Appendices A through G have been published on a CD-ROM, which is bound into this report. Appendix titles are the following:
• Appendix A: Survey Development and Questions
• Appendix B: Conditional Probability of Release as a Function of Data Refinement
• Appendix C: Differences Between Highway and Rail Hazardous Material Transportation Affecting Development of a Bulk Package Accident Performance Database
• Appendix D: Option Evaluation Tool
• Appendix E: Pilot Study Data Collection Tool
• Appendix F: Links to Newspaper Articles
• Appendix G: An Example of Bulk Package Performance Analysis Using Multivariate Regression
The CD-ROM is also available for download from TRB’s website as an ISO image. Links to the ISO image and instructions for burning a CD-ROM from an ISO image are provided below.
Help on Burning an .ISO CD-ROM Image
Download the .ISO CD-ROM Image
(Warning: This is a large file and may take some time to download using a high-speed connection.)
CD-ROM Disclaimer - This software is offered as is, without warranty or promise of support of any kind either expressed or implied. Under no circumstance will the National Academy of Sciences or the Transportation Research Board (collectively "TRB") be liable for any loss or damage caused by the installation or operation of this product. TRB makes no representation or warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, including without limitation, the warranty of merchantability or the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, and shall not in any case be liable for any consequential or special damages.
This Summary Last Modified On: 3/23/2016