Guidebook for Developing Ramp Control Facilities
TRB's Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) Research Report 167: Guidebook for Developing Ramp Control Facilities provides guidance to airport operators considering providing ramp control services. An accompanying Ramp Control Decision Support Tool
assists users through most considerations before providing ramp control services, including facility requirements, staffing, training, and technology and other factors, allowing the user to determine the best way to move forward.
In order to use the install and start the tool please use the following steps:
1. Copy the provided zip file with the tool to a local directory.
2. Unzip the contents of the zip file to this directory.
3. Open index.html file using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
4. The welcome page provides a general overview of the tool.
5. Click on the Get Started button to start uisng the tool. This will lead to Step 1 questions.
6. Provide responses to questions included in Step 1 and when done click on the Next button.
7. Repeat for Steps 2 and 3.
8. When done answering the questions for all three steps click on Report to automatically generate a report with all provided answers.
9. The report can be printed by clicking on Print button.
Disclaimer: This software is offered as is, without warranty or promise of support of any kind either expressed or implied. Under no circumstance will the National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine or the Transportation Research Board (collectively "TRB") be liable for any loss or damage caused by the installation or operation of this product. TRB makes no representation or warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, including without limitation, the warranty of merchantability or the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, and shall not in any case be liable for any consequential or special damages.
This Summary Last Modified On: 1/23/2017