TRB conducted a webinar on April 7, 2014, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET that explored the information and tools that states may use to plan and conduct effective peer exchange events. Webinar presenters described key elements of peer exchanges and how
these elements can be used to help improve a state's Strategic Highway
Safety Plan (SHSP) implementation and evaluation. A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) was provided to attendees who registered and attended the webinar as an individual.
- Brian Chandler, Leidos
- Leanna Depue, Missouri Department of Transportation
Moderated by: Jennifer Atkinson, Leidos
- PART 1: Overview of SHSPs, peer exchanges, and the steps necessary to produce an effective SHSP peer exchange
- PART 2: Peer exchange basics and planning, including choosing the type and delivery method
- PART 3: In-state and regional peer exchanges
- PART 4: Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the appropriate type and delivery method for peer exchanges given the current needs of a state's SHSP; and
- Employ a step-by-step process to plan to produce an effective SHSP-focused peer exchange event.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter
There is no fee for employees of TRB Sponsors
or TRB Sustaining Affiliates
who register using their work email address. In addition to employees of TRB sponsor organizations, the following are eligible to receive complimentary webinar registration:
- TRB and National Academies employees;
- Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups;
- CRP panel members who were involved with developing the report or project that is the subject of the webinar;
- Members of the media;
- Employees of tribal governments; and
- Members of Congress or their staff.
Other sites must pay $89 per site. View our pricing page
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Reggie Gillum, RGillum@nas.edu
, with their license number.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in October 2013. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, PO Box 1686, Clemson, SC, 29633. Website: www.RCEP.net
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar is approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log-in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
To report your CM credits, visit www.planning.org/cm
1. Login using your ID# and password
2. Select My CM log
3. Select Add Credits
4. Under Browse you have the option of searching by Date, Provider, or Distance Education and using the search box to type in the name of the event or activity and clicking go
5. A pop-up box will appear. If this is a multi-part event you will have the option to select from a list of activities
6. Please rate, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and answer
7. Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 5/15/2014