As part of the SHRP2 Tuesdays Webinar Series, TRB conducted a webinar on May 6, 2014, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET that summarized SHRP 2 Project R19B: Bridges for Service Life beyond 100 Years: Service Limit State Design
. There was no fee to attend this webinar or other webinars in the SHRP 2 Series; however, participants must register in advance. A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) was provided to attendees who register and attend the webinar as an individual.
View recorded webinar
This project developed new design codes, performance measures, and implementation tools that can lead to longer and more predictable bridge service life. Portions of the work will be incorporated into the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) Bridge Design Specifications.
- Wagdy Wassef, Modjeski and Masters, Inc.
- Matthew DeMarco, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
Moderated by: Andrew Horosko, Transportation Research Board
- PART 1: Brief overview of the SHRP 2 mission, objectives of the Renewal focus area, and related SHRP 2 research
- PART 2: Discussion of the current state of the art of service limit state design
- PART 3: Overview of the service limit state calibration process, the calibration results, and the proposed changes to the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications
- PART 4: Plans for implementation
- PART 5: Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar were for presentations and the final 30 minutes were reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants were able to:
- Summarize the current state-of-the-art service limit state design;
- Describe the service limit state calibration process and its results;
- Implement the new design provisions when incorporated in AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications; and
- Discuss the work required to perform calibration and performance measures for specific routes.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter
This webinar is sponsored by SHRP 2, and no fee is associated with registering for this webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Reggie Gillum, RGillum@nas.edu
, with their license number.
This webinar was developed in March 2014. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, PO Box 1686, Clemson, SC, 29633. Website: www.RCEP.net
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 5/7/2014