As part of the SHRP2 Tuesdays Webinar Series, TRB conducted a webinar on July 30, 2013 from 2:00 p.m.- 3:30 p.m. ET that explored the report Identification of Utility Conflicts and Solutions
, which provides concepts and procedures that public agencies and utilities can use to identify and resolve utility conflicts, in order to help improve the highway project development process.
View the webinar recording
The tools that are part of this SHRP 2 project include utility conflict matrices, training materials, and guidelines that enable users to organize, track, and manage conflicts that may arise when utility lines are under highways.
- Cesar Quiroga, Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI)
- Ken Leuderalbert, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Nelson P. Smith, Jr., Maryland State Highway Administration
Moderated by: Jerry DiMaggio, Transportation Research Board
- Part 1: Brief overview of SHRP 2 mission, objectives of the Renewal focus area and related SHRP 2 research
- Part 2: Problems and perspectives from utility companies and state departments of transportation
- Part 3: Tools, training materials, and examples of processes and practices to help agencies and utilities
- Part 4: User experiences from employees at state departments of transportation
- Part 5: Related Federal Highway Administration research and planned implementation activities
The first 60 minutes of the webinar is for presentations and the final 30 minutes is reserved for audience questions.
- To describe the challenges transportation agencies and utilities face with coordinating the project development process.
- To explain the research outcomes and products from the SHRP 2 project and benefits of the utility conflict management processes.
- To understand how SHRP 2 products can advance the identification and solutions of utility conflicts.
- To learn how to apply the utility conflict management process developed in this SHRP 2 project.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter.
This webinar is sponsored by SHRP 2, and no fee is associated with registering for this webinar.
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour information:
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Reggie Gillum, RGillum@nas.edu
, with their license number.
This webinar was developed in June 2013. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, PO Box 1686, Clemson, SC, 29633. Website: www.RCEP.net
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 7/31/2013