Resources for Faster Delivery of New Highway Capacity
Projects that comprise the SHRP 2 Capacity Research Plan
are shown in the Projects database
, which is organized by project number. Click the project number for a description of the expected project activity.
Click on a category for direct access to a section of the web page. Return to this section by clicking ‘back to top’.
Advances in Travel Demand Modeling Product Presentations Bundle
Posted January 9, 2014
To make access to SHRP 2 research about travel demand forecasting and modeling even more convenient, presentations
from the October 1, 2013 SHRP 2 Tuesdays webinar
and an additional C05 presentation not presented during this webinar have been compiled into a single Adobe PDF. The projects covered are:
back to top
Partnership to Develop an Integrated Advanced Travel Demand Model with Fine-Grained, Time-Sensitive Networks (SHRP 2 Prepublication Report)*
Posted May 23, 2014
TRB’s second Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP 2) Capacity Project C10B has released a prepublication, non-edited version of a report titled Partnership to Develop an Integrated Advanced Travel Demand Model with Fine-Grained, Time-Sensitive Networks
that integrates a disaggregate activity based model with a traffic simulation model in order to to create a new, completely disaggregate model.
The new model simulates individuals’ activity patterns and travel and their vehicle and transit trips as the move on a real time basis through the transportation system. It produces a simulation of the travel within a region by using individually simulated travel patterns as input rather than aggregate trip tables to which temporal and spatial distributions have been applied to create synthetic patterns. A unique feature of this model is the simulation of transit vehicles as well as individual person tours using transit.
* To make research available as early as possible, SHRP 2 is temporarily posting final reports that have been submitted by the research team, reviewed according to the relevant National Academy of Sciences procedures, and accepted for publication. These prepublication drafts, which have not been edited or formatted for publication, will be replaced by the final versions as they complete the editorial process.
SHRP 2 Research Reports
- Collaborative Decision Making (8 reports; projects C01, C02, C05, C08, C12, C19, C22, C41)
- Dynamic Integrated Models and Networks (2 reports; project C04, C10A and C10B)
- Economic Impact Analysis (2 reports; projects C03 and C11)
- Freight (3 reports; projects C15 and C20)
- Greenhouse Gases (2 reports; project C09)
- Integrating Conservation, Highway Planning, and Environmental Review (4 reports; project C06)
- Pilot Tests of TCAPP and the Integrated Ecological Framework (9 reports; projects C18, C21, C41)
- Smart Growth (2 reports; project C16)
SHRP 2 Project Briefs
back to top
As part of the SHRP 2 Tuesdays Webinar Series, TRB will conduct a
webinar on May 27, 2014, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET that will summarize
SHRP 2 Projects C40A and C40B: SHRP 2 Developing and Testing a National Geospatial System that Integrates Ecological Tools and Data Sets (Eco-Plan)
There is no fee to attend this webinar or other webinars in the SHRP 2
Series; however, participants must register in advance. A certificate
for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to
attendees who register and attend the webinar as an individual. This
webinar is pending approval by the American Institute of Certified
Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits.
Project C40A produced a national-level integrated, geospatial ecological
screening tool for early transportation planning to inform the
environmental review process. With these advances, agreement on priority
areas for preservation or conservation can be reached early in the
process of planning new highway capacity. Data-based decisions can not
only speed project delivery, but deliver projects that best balance
community and environmental needs.
back to top