Resources for Faster Delivery of New Highway Capacity
Projects that comprise the SHRP 2 Capacity Research Plan
are shown in the Projects database
, which is organized by project number. Click the project number for a description of the expected project activity.
Click on a category for direct access to a section of the web page. Return to this section by clicking ‘back to top’.
Advances in Travel Demand Modeling Product Presentations Bundle
Posted January 9, 2014
To make access to SHRP 2 research about travel demand forecasting and modeling even more convenient, presentations
from the October 1, 2013 SHRP 2 Tuesdays webinar
and an additional C05 presentation not presented during this webinar have been compiled into a single Adobe PDF. The projects covered are:
back to top
Integrating Freight Considerations into the Highway Capacity Planning Process: Practitioner's Guide (SHRP 2 Project C15*)
Posted December 19, 2013
presents information, including case studies and examples of successful practice, to help practitioners incorporate freight concerns in transportation planning and decision-making activities. Public agencies can use the guide to plan for and provide highway capacity that serves economic development by meeting both local community capacity needs and national shipping and market supply needs. Addressing projected freight growth can also address the potential for delays and safety concerns associated with unanticipated freight movement bottlenecks. The guide will be incorporated into the Transportation for Communities (TCAPP) web portal
* To make research available as early as possible, SHRP 2 is temporarily posting final drafts that have been submitted by the research team, reviewed according to the relevant National Academy of Sciences procedures, and accepted for publication. These prepublication drafts, which have not been edited or formatted for publication, will be replaced by the final versions as they complete the editorial process.
SHRP 2 Research Reports
- Collaborative Decision Making (8 reports; projects C01, C02, C05, C08, C12, C19, C22, C41)
- Dynamic Integrated Models and Networks (2 reports; project C04 and C10A)
- Economic Impact Analysis (2 reports; projects C03 and C11)
- Freight (3 reports; projects C15 and C20)
- Greenhouse Gases (2 reports; project C09)
- Integrating Conservation, Highway Planning, and Environmental Review (2 reports; projects C06, C41)
- Smart Growth (2 reports; project C16)
SHRP 2 Project Briefs
back to top
As part of the SHRP2 Tuesdays Webinar Series, TRB will conduct a webinar on April 1, 2014, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET that will summarize SHRP 2 Projects C08: Linking Community Visioning and Highway Capacity Planning
and C02: Performance Measurement Framework for Highway Capacity Decision Making
. There is no fee to attend this webinar or other webinars in the SHRP 2 Series; however, participants must register in advance. A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to attendees who register and attend the webinar as an individual.
Project C08 produced an interactive Vision Guide
to assist practitioners in better integrating transportation decisions with social, economic, and environmental considerations. Project C02 developed a Capacity Performance Measures web resource
that allows users to both browse individual planning factors and generate a report with a set of measures that are relevant to a given project. Both tools have been incorporated into a beta web portal known as Transportation for Communities - Advancing Projects through Partnerships (TCAPP), currently available at http://www.transportationforcommunities.com/
. TCAPP will be re-launched at a future date as “PlanWorks” by the Federal Highway Administration.
back to top