TRB conducted a webinar on October 23, 2014, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET that presented three scenario methodologies and discussed how each can be utilized for transportation planning and policy. The webinar was designed to be highly interactive so that attendees may learn how to use the methods.
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) was provided to attendees who registered and attended the webinar as an individual. This webinar has been approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
for information on obtaining the webinar recording.
- Johanna Zmud, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Nidhi Kalra, RAND Corp
- Mark Bradley, RSG
Moderated by: Johanna Zmud, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- PART 1: Qualitative scenario development
- PART 2: Robust decision making and scenarios
- PART 3: System dynamics models and scenarios
- PART 4: Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions. The Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP) categorizes this webinar activity as relating to health, safety, and welfare including core technical.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define and identify the scenarios;
- Discuss why the scenarios are useful for transportation planning and policy;
- Describe how to develop the different methods;
- Explain why to use one method over another; and
- Explain the limitations of the scenarios.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter
There is no fee for employees of TRB Sponsors
or TRB Sustaining Affiliates
who register using their work email address. In addition to employees of TRB sponsor organizations, the following are eligible to receive complimentary webinar registration:
- TRB and National Academies employees;
- Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups;
- Members of the media;
- Employees of tribal governments; and
- Members of Congress or their staff.
Other sites must pay $89 per site. View our pricing page
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Reggie Gillum, RGillum@nas.edu
, with their license number.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in February 2014. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20005. Website: www.RCEP.net
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar has been approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log-in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
To report your CM credits, visit www.planning.org/cm
1. Login using your ID# and password
2. Select My CM log
3. Select Add Credits
4. Under Browse you have the option of searching by Date, Provider, or Distance Education and using the search box to type in the name of the event or activity and clicking go
5. A pop-up box will appear. If this is a multi-part event you will have the option to select from a list of activities
6. Please rate, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and answer
7. Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 10/24/2014