Resources for the TRIS Databases
Search instructions, webinars, and useful information about the TRIS databases: TRID; PubsIndex; Practice Ready Papers (PRP); Research in Progress (RIP); and Research Needs Statements (RNS).
- TRID, the TRIS and ITRD database is the world's largest and most comprehensive bibliographic source on all modes and disciplines of transportation. It contains more than 1,090,000 records.
- TRB Publications Index contains more than 63,000 papers, articles, and reports published by the Transportation Research Board, Highway Research Board, Strategic Highway Research Program, and Marine Board from 1923 to date.
- Practice-Ready Papers database is a collection of peer-reviewed papers in which the research results presented and discussed make a contribution to the solution of current or future problems or issues for practitioners. Information presented in these papers is ready for immediate implementation or requires minimal additional research or implementation effort.
- Research In Progress (RiP) Database and Data-Entry System allows users in state departments of transportation, the U.S. Department of Transportation, University Transportation Centers and other U.S. DOT funded universities to add, modify and delete information on their current research projects. The RiP database now contains over 12,000 current or recently completed transportation search projects.
- Research Needs Statements (RNS) database is a dynamic collection of research needs statements developed and approved by the standing committees in TRB’s Technical Activities Division including the cooperative research programs, federal agencies, state departments of transportation, university faculty and students, consultants, and others.
Instructions for downloading TRB’s 94th Annual Meeting Compendium. Questions regarding accessing, downloading and saving the Compendium should be directed