As part of the SHRP2 Tuesdays Webinar Series, TRB conducted a webinar on March 25, 2014, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET that summarized the SHRP 2 project Real-Time Smoothness Measurements on Portland Cement Concrete Pavements During Construction
(R06E). There is no fee to attend this webinar or other webinars in the SHRP 2 Series; however, participants must register in advance. A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to attendees who register and attend the webinar as an individual.
The SHRP 2 project
evaluated the “GOMACO Smoothness Indicator” and the “Ames Engineering Real-Time Profiler” during pavement projects in Georgia, Arkansas, Texas, Michigan, and New York. The project
then developed model specifications and construction guidance to expedite the implementation of such technologies.
View the recorded webinar
- Robert Otto Rasmussen, The Transtec Group, Inc.
- Gary Fick, Trinity Construction Management Services, Inc.
- Stephen Cooper, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Evan Rothblatt, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
Moderated by: Andrew Horosko, Transportation Research Board
- PART 1: Brief overview of the SHRP 2 mission, objectives of the Renewal focus area, and related SHRP 2 research
- PART 2: Results from the evaluations, as well as the model specifications and construction guidance that were subsequently developed
- PART 3: FHWA’s perspective on implementation strategies, tactics, and opportunities
- PART 4: AASHTO’s perspective on the project
- PART 5: Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the ways in which measuring pavement smoothness during construction can reduce project delays and produce a better quality product initially in order to avoid expensive corrective measures later;
- Discuss the characteristics of the evaluated technologies that recommend them for use; and
- Apply the model specifications and construction guidance to their own projects.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter
This webinar is sponsored by SHRP 2, and no fee is associated with registering for this webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hours Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Reggie Gillum, RGillum@nas.edu
, with their license number.
This webinar was developed in February 2014. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, PO Box 1686, Clemson, SC, 29633. Website: www.RCEP.net
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 3/26/2014