Associated Group Request for Function Space Form
Policies and Procedures for Requesting Function Space
TRB 96th Annual Meeting
January 8-12, 2017
The Associated Groups Space Request Form is now closed. Limited space may still be available. To request a room, email Bruce Millar at BMillar@NAS.edu.
Function space requests for meetings and food/beverage events at the Marriott Marquis, and Walter E. Washington Convention Center must be submitted through TRB via this form.
- TRB will provide function space to nonprofit organizations and government agencies only.
- Commercially sponsored events and exhibit displays are not allowed in the function space.
- TRB does not charge a fee for processing requests.
Meeting rooms are setup to accommodate TRB meeting needs. Every effort will be made to match your request to available space. TRB reserves the right to change space assignments.
Priority processing deadline
Notification of priority space assignments
Organizations finalize logistics with venues
Events with more than 20 people may NOT be scheduled during the TRB programming hours below:
- Monday, January 9, 8:00am-5:30pm
- Tuesday, January 10, 8:00am-5:30pm
- Wednesday, January 11, 8:00am-6:00pm
Do not schedule events involving TRB Executive Committee members from Wednesday morning through Thursday Noon.
Do not conflict with the Wednesday Chairman’s Luncheon.
Check the TRB Annual Meeting website before scheduling events to avoid conflicts with TRB programming.
Function space is assigned in the following order:
Submitting a Request for Function Space does not guarantee assignment; function space is extremely limited. If your choices are not available, you may be asked to select another time, location, and/or setup. If we cannot find an acceptable alternative when we contact you, we will need to immediately move on to other requests for space.
- TRB events
- TRB year-round sponsors
- Associated organizations, processed on a first come, first served basis while space is available
DISTRIBUTION OF PRINTED MATERIALS
- Use of the TRB logo is prohibited.
- Announcements and invitations should clearly indicate the associated organization name and should not imply that the event is a part of the TRB Annual Meeting.
- Submit proposed copy to TRB prior to printing to prevent misunderstandings.
- Distribution of printed material and signs is limited to the function space assigned. Staff will remove and discard materials from all public areas.
- Only organizations with space contracted in the exhibit hall, or Annual Meeting Patrons, are eligible to reserve guest room suites for hospitality purposes.
- To become an exhibitor or Annual Meeting Patron, visit the Exhibitor and Marketing Opportunities page for more details
Organizations that do not follow the policies and procedures may not be assigned space in 2018.
QUESTIONS? Contact Bruce Millar at TRBMeetings@NAS.edu.
Changes and cancellations must be made in writing.
|POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ACCEPTANCE:
By requesting space, you agree to follow the above TRB Request for Function Space Policies and Procedures. You understand that TRB will confirm space assignments to nonprofit organizations and government agencies only. Commercially sponsored events and exhibit displays are not allowed. After receiving room assignments, you must contact the venue to finalize arrangements including food and beverage, audiovisual, special setups, and to establish credit/billing status, if applicable.