TRB Sponsors, Affiliates, and Members
- TRB Core Program Sponsors ($65,000 +)
- Marine Board Sponsors
- Sustaining Affiliates
- Organizational Affiliates
- Individual and Student Affiliates
TRB Core Program Sponsors are the major source of financial support for TRB's core technical activities. Federal, state, and local government agencies, and professional societies and organizations that represent various industry groups are eligible to be TRB sponsors. Fees and services are negotiated with each sponsor to best serve its particular needs and to provide fundamental support for the Board's programs and activities of interest to the entire transportation community. Sponsors are represented on the TRB Executive Committee. In addition, the transportation departments of the 50 states and the District of Columbia each have an official representative
to provide liaison with the Board. Organizations that are TRB sponsors are entitled to display educational, non-commercial exhibits at the TRB Annual Meeting.
State DOT Sponsors collectively contribute about $7 million annually to the TRB Core Programs. Our state sponsors include the Highway and Transportation Departments of the 50 states and DC.
of TRB's Core Programs contribute various amounts ranging from $65,000 to $1.9 million per year. TRB's current federal sponsors include:
of TRB's Core Programs contributing $65,000 include:
Major Benefits of Being a $65,000+ Sponsor of TRB’s Core Programs:
- Unlimited registrations to the TRB Annual Meeting for all Sponsor employees.
- Meeting facilities and an exhibit booth at the Annual Meeting (based on availability).
- Sponsors are represented on the TRB Executive Committee.
- Nearly unlimited delivery of all TRB hard copy publications (approx 200 per year). TRB will maintain and update a mailing list for distribution of publications to agency staff as designated by your liaison. TRB can tailor delivery of publications to Sponsor employees by designating certain subject areas (e.g. environment, energy, freight transportation, security, etc).
- Sponsor employees receive full online access to all the Transportation Research Records: Journal of the Transportation Research Board papers published since 1999. (The Record Series consists of the papers from the Annual Meeting that are chosen for publication.)
- TRB maintains standing committees in subject areas of interest to our Sponsors. TRB will also establish appropriate new committees as the need is demonstrated and to respond to changing issues facing the transportation industry.
- TRB standing technical committees currently sponsor or co-sponsor 25-30 conferences and more than 100 workshops annually on a wide range of subjects. Sponsor employees are eligible for discounted registration fees for many of these conferences.
- Sponsor employees are eligible for free registration for TRB sponsored webinars on a wide range of transportation topics.
- Sponsor employees are eligible for free access to all collected Annual Meeting PowerPoint presentations, posters, and the Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers.
- TRB will continue to operate a staff Field Visit Program to facilitate the exchange of relevant information and increased participation of our Sponsors on committees and programs of NAS/TRB. TRB will schedule visits with Sponsors and establish liaison representatives as appropriate. A summary of the results of these visits is printed annually in the TRNews - which is distributed to more than 10,000 subscribers, including Sponsors.
- Sponsor employees have access to TRB’s Library and to TRID. TRID is a newly integrated database that combines the records from TRB's Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) Database and the OECD's Joint Transport Research Centre’s International Transport Research Documentation (ITRD) Database. TRID provides access to over 900,000 records of transportation research worldwide – with more than 50,000 records linked to full-text documents. TRID is also indexed with a standardized vocabulary from the Transportation Research Thesaurus (TRT). The Research in Progress (RiP) records in TRID are available as a separate searchable database through TRB. RiP has expanded to include international research projects and university research.
For more information regarding TRB Core Program sponsorship please contact:
Director of Finance, TRB