PLANSAFE: Forecasting the Safety Impacts of Socio-Demographic Changes and Safety Countermeasures
TRB’s National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) CRP-CD-78 provides safety forecasting software and accompanying guidance that is designed to help independently forecast the safety impacts of changes in socio-demographics and safety investments, both engineering and behavioral.
is available for download as an ISO image. Instructions for burning a CD-ROM from an ISO image are provided below.
Help on Burning an .ISO CD-ROM Image
(Warning: This is a large file and may take some time to download using a high-speed connection.)
System Requirements for the CRP-CD-78 are as follows:
SEE README.PDF FOR COMPLETE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
The following hardware and software are the minimum required to run this CD-ROM:
An Intel Pentium III with 128 MB of available RAM running Windows 2000 or Windows XP; Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later; Microsoft Office Access 2000 or later; to use the GIS tools: ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 5 or later.
To view the document files on this disc, you will need the following software:
- Microsoft Office 2000 or higher is required to view the Word and Excel Documents. Visit www.microsoft.com to download free Word and Excel Viewers if you are not using a version of Microsoft Office.
- Adobe Reader 6 or higher. Visit www.adobe.com to download the free Adobe Reader viewer.
Insert the CD-ROM into your computer's disc drive. Double click on the Setup.exe file to start.
- After installing, restart the computer and login as an administrator.
- Navigate to the C:\PLANSAFE installation directory.
- Right-click the PLANSAFE folder and choose Properties.
- Click the Security tab and find the Users group which applies to all users.
- Click on the Users group and check the Allow box for Full Control in the Permissions for Users section.
- Then click OK to provide all users on the computer write access to the PLANSAFE files as required.
- The final step is to start the PLANSAFE application while logged in as an administrator.
- Double-click the PLANSAFE icon or start the application from the Start Menu > Programs.
- You can then immediately close the application and log off.
- Any users can now run the PLANSAFE application successfully.
This Summary Last Modified On: 4/22/2011