TRB conducted a webinar on Monday, March 7, 2016 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM ET that focused on advanced solutions that may help transportation professionals envision cities beyond private vehicles. The goal of this webinar was to present diverse alternatives to driving a private car, from "alternative" multimodal transportation applications to autonomous vehicles. This webinar also introduced policy issues that may arise as these multimodal solutions become available in cities.
This webinar was organized by the TRB Standing Committee on Major Cities. Participants must register in advance of the webinar, and there is a fee for non-TRB Sponsor or non-TRB Sustaining Affiliate employees. A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) was provided to attendees who registered and attended the webinar as an individual. This webinar has met approval by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
for instructions on receiving a copy of the recorded webinar.
are the slides from the presentation.
- Jake Sion, Transit App
- Nidhi Kalra, RAND Corporation
- Ryan Lanyon, City of Toronto
- Tracy Larkin-Thomason, Nevada Department of Transportation
Moderated by: Ivana Tasic, University of Utah
- Advanced technological solutions for the integration of multiple modes in urban contexts
- The technology behind autonomous vehicles
- Urban development scenarios for cities that are interested in reducing driving
- Policy development and implementation
- Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions. The Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP) categorizes this webinar activity as relating to health, safety, and welfare including core technical.
At the end of this webinar, participants were able to:
- State the role of advanced technological solutions in changing the current mode share
- Describe the current research on autonomous vehicles
- Understand how transportation alternatives for driving a private car incorporated into a long-term transportation planning process in cities
- List challenges for implementing policy on transportation solutions that represent alternatives to driving in cities
There is no fee for employees of TRB Sponsors
or TRB Sustaining Affiliates
who register using their work email address. In addition to employees of TRB sponsor organizations, the following are eligible to receive complimentary webinar registration:
- TRB and National Academies employees;
- Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups;
- CRP panel members who were involved with developing the report or project that is the subject of the webinar;
- Members of the media;
- Employees of tribal governments; and
- Members of Congress or their staff.
Other sites must pay $89 per site. View our pricing page
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are no longer required to email TRB with your license number to report your attendance. Instead, please use your certificate that TRB provides through RCEP.net as verification of your attendance to the Florida Board of Professional Engineers.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in November 2015. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20005. Website: www.RCEP.net
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar is pending approval by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log-in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
To report your CM credits, visit www.planning.org/cm
1. Login using your ID# and password
2. Select My CM log
3. Select Add Credits
4. Under Browse you have the option of searching by Date, Provider, or Distance Education and using the search box to type in the name of the event or activity and clicking go
5. A pop-up box will appear. If this is a multi-part event you will have the option to select from a list of activities
6. Please rate, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and answer
7. Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 3/7/2016