NEW FY 2016 NCHRP SYNTHESIS TOPICS HAVE BEEN SELECTED
Potential Consultants Are Sought
You are invited to express your interest in being a consultant for new FY 2016 NCHRP synthesis topics.
Consultant Letters of Interest and Qualifications
New topics for 2016 are posted below, including hot links to topic scopes. Scopes include the panel meeting date (at which consultant selection is made) and the staff contact. Please note the following information for consultants:
1. View a sample of our consultant contract. (There is modified version of this for state entities.) Please note that awardees must comply with 2 CFR 200 – Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
2. The twelve-month contract period is based on the following milestones:
a. TRB Notice to Proceed.
b. Detailed Work Plan, Survey Questionnaire, and Report Outline- Due 1 month after Notice to Proceed.
c. Report First Draft- Due 6 months after topic panel approval of work plan, questionnaire, and report outline.
d. Report Second Draft- Due 1 month after Consultant meeting with topic panel to review first draft.
e. Report Final Draft- Due 1 month after comments are received on second draft.
TOTAL CONTRACT PERIOD: 12 Months
3. Consultants will be paid $40,000 on a fixed-price basis. Approved travel to meetings is reimbursed. If the terms of the contract are met, including delivery of publishable report final draft within the 12-month contract period (adjusted as necessary for any review delays) an additional payment of $5,000 will be provided.
4. To propose, please send a single pdf file containing a one-to-two page letter of interest, a resume providing your qualifications, and a statement that you can comply with the terms of our contract. This is the only requirement for expression of consultant interest. The file containing consultant letters of interest, resumes, and statements of compliance are to be submitted electronically by close of business, August 15, 2016. Please submit to the Letters of Interest Web Portal.
For further information on the NCHRP synthesis program and processes, see the Overview section of this Web site and the Instructions for Consultants Preparing Syntheses. If you require further information please contact Jon Williams at 202-334-3245, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Topics for 2016
PROPOSE NEW TOPIC FOR FY 2017
New topics for FY 2017 will be selected in May 2017. The following factors are considered in the selection process for synthesis topics:
- The topic should address a problem that is widespread enough to generate broad interest in the synthesis.
- The topic should be timely and critical for expediting delivery, improving the quality, or lowering the cost of transportation programs.
- The topic is appropriate if current practice is non-uniform or inconsistent from agency to agency, or if the validity of some practices appears to be questionable.
- The quality and quantity of useful available information should indicate a need to organize and compress that which has already been learned and written on the topic.
- The topic should not be one where ongoing research or other activities in progress might be expected to render the synthesis obsolete shortly after completion.