| NEW Joint Project funded by TCRP and ACRP
**SPECIAL TOPIC** ACRP S17-01-16: “Microgrids and their Application for Airports and Public Transportation” is offering a $75,000 consultant fee. The topic is a joint project funded by the ACRP and TCRP to compile microgrid information and experience in order to benefit overall airport and public transportation operations and resilience, and provide information to airports and transit agencies who may consider establishing a microgrid. (The link to topic write-up.)
Propose New Topics for the 2017 TCRP Syntheses
You are invited to submit new TCRP Synthesis topics. Submissions are due by March 17, 2017. Click on the hot link below to create and submit a topic.
Suggest a Topic
New topics for 2017 will be selected and posted on this website in June 2017.
The following factors are considered in the selection process for synthesis topics:
- The topic should address a problem that is widespread enough to generate broad interest in the synthesis.
- The topic should be timely and critical for expediting delivery, improving the quality, or lowering the cost of transportation programs.
- The topic is appropriate if current practice is non-uniform or inconsistent from agency to agency, or if the validity of some practices appears to be questionable.
- The quality and quantity of useful available information should indicate a need to organize and compress that which has already been learned and written on the topic.
- The topic should not be one where ongoing research or other activities in progress might be expected to render the synthesis obsolete shortly after completion.
For further information on the TCRP synthesis program and processes, please see the Overview section of this Web site. Click on the following links to view TCRP Synthesis topics currently under study or completed.
The following also shows titles of all completed studies and a detailed index of topics covered by these studies.
Full Program Summary, RRD 111
If you require further information please contact Mariela Garcia-Colberg by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-334-2361.
After the 2017 topics are selected, if you would like to be considered as a consultant for any of these, there will be a portal on this website for your submission.
Consultant contracts are issued with a fee varying from $40,000 - $45,000. Payment is based on the submittal and acceptance of four staged deliverables. The deliverables are: Stage I, Work Plan, Outline, and Questionnaire; Stage II, First Draft; Stage III, Final Draft; and Stage IV, Revised Final Draft. Synthesis staff support and limited expenses for minor direct costs and travel are also provided. The contract duration is up to 8 months. Further information can be found at "Instructions for Consultants Preparing Syntheses."
Please send comments on the TRB Synthesis website to email@example.com.