TRB conducted a webinar on Monday, April 24, 2017 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET that featured research from the National Cooperative Rail Research Program
(NCRRP)’s Report 6
: Guidebook for Intercity Passenger Rail Service and Development.
This webinar outlined current processes and best practices for development of intercity passenger rail programs at the state, regional, and corridor levels for long-term institutional support of intercity passenger rail routes. Presenters highlighted guidance for state and regional planners seeking to expand existing or develop new intercity passenger rail service.
Participants must register in advance of the webinar, and there is no fee associated with this webinar. This webinar is approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits.
- Curtis Morgan, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- David Simpson, Simpson Consultants, LLC
Moderated by: Patricia Quinn, Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority
- Overview of NCRRP project
- Planning and growing intercity passenger rail programs
- Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the institutional gaps that led to the need for the guidebook
- Understand the technical tools, procedures and practices to assist in the effective planning, development, and management of intercity passenger rail assets and investments
- Identify emerging issues and gaps in the literature regarding liability, insurance, transparency, performance measurement, quality assurance, and the role of the Surface Transportation Board
There is no fee to attend this webinar.
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar is approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log-in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
Please visit the Certification Maintenance section of APA’s website, Certification Maintenance webpage at www.planning.org/cm
to claim your credits. You may use the following steps:
1. Log in using your ID# and password.
2. Select View my CM log.
3. Select Add CM-Registered Credits.
4. Using the CM Search option, type in the name of the event or event number (e.g. 21064) and click "Go".
Please note: If searching for an event by Provider, use the search option, type in the name of the provider and click “Go”. From the results below, select by clicking on the name of the provider.
5. From the results below, find your event and select "Add to My Log." If this is a multi-part event, you will have the option to select from a list of activity sessions.
6. Please rate the event, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and check the box to confirm. Note: you should see a message indicating the CM reporting period year that you are logging.
7. Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log.
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 4/24/2017