TRB Webinar: Learning About and Using the Research in Progress (RiP) Database
TRB conducted a webinar on August 16, 2016 from 2:00 to 3:00PM ET that provided users of TRB's Research in Progress
(RiP) Database with the latest information about RiP’s search and data entry interfaces. The RiP Database is a leading tool for transportation professionals to stay updated on current or recently-completed transportation research projects. This webinar is an update from a webinar
held on August 6, 2015.
Participants are also encouraged to watch recordings
about the US Department of Transportation Public Access Plan to better understand the requirements for uploading information into the RiP Database.
are the slides from the presentation.
- Janet Daly, Transportation Research Board
Moderated by: Elaine Ferrell, Transportation Research Board
- General guidance on using the RiP Database
Guidance for individuals from state departments of transportation, U.S. Department of Transportation, and University Transportation Centers
- Search the RiP Database by various fields
- Browse project records by subject category
- Use a look-up for searching by index terms, individuals, organizations or location
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notification of new RiP records in specific subject areas
- Export records
- Enter a new project record into the RiP Database using the data entry interface or bulk import tool
- Locate records from their organization
- Update or delete an existing record for their organization in the RiP Database
The first 30 minutes of the webinar is for the presentation and the final 30 minutes is reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Locate records in the RiP Database
- Submit a new project record using the data entry interface
- Modify or delete an existing project record from their organization
This Summary Last Modified On: 8/17/2016