TRB conducted a webinar on May 8, 2013 from 2:00 p.m.- 3:30 p.m. ET that explored strategies for improving the quality of pavement management data and techniques for evaluating a pavement program’s overall data quality. Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
for instructions on receiving a link to the recorded webinar.
This webinar was organized by the TRB Standing Committee on Pavement Management Systems (AFD10).
• Jack Springer, Federal Highway Administration
• Linda Pierce, Applied Pavement Technology
• Tanveer Chowdhury, Virginia Department of Transportation
Moderated by: Judith Corley-Lay, North Carolina Department of Transportation
1. Introductions, importance of data quality (Judith Corley-Lay)
2. The Federal Highway Administration’s Long-Term Pavement Performance program’s efforts in developing, implementing, and evolving data quality (Jack Springer)
3. Key findings from the National Data Quality Management Study (Linda Pierce)
4. Virginia DOT’s approach to improving data quality (Tanveer Chowdhury)
The first 60 minutes of the webinar is for presentations and the final 30 minutes is reserved for audience questions.
• To understand key definitions in data quality and components of a data quality program.
• To carry out a program evaluation of strengths and weaknesses in data quality then propose data quality improvements.
• To make comparisons between different programs’ levels of data quality.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe
to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter.
There is no fee for employees of TRB sponsors
who register using their work email address. In addition to employees of TRB sponsor organizations, the following are eligible to receive complimentary webinar registration:
• TRB and National Academies employees
• Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups
• Members of the media
• Employees of tribal governments
• Congressional staff members
Other sites must pay $89 per site. View our pricing page
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour information:
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Reggie Gillum, RGillum@nas.edu
, with their license number.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in February 2013. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, PO Box 1686, Clemson, SC, 29633. Website: www.RCEP.net
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 5/9/2013