TRB conducted a webinar on August 27, 2013 from 2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. ET that presented TRB’s National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Synthesis 430: Cost-Effective and Sustainable Road Slope Stabilization and Erosion Control
. Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
for more information about the webinar recording.
The presenters will share their experiences implementing various slope stabilization and erosion control techniques around the world. They will also provide insight on how the terms “cost effective” and “sustainable” vary around the world.
- Ken Skorseth, South Dakota Local Transportation Assistance Program
- Robert Douglas, Golder Associates Ltd.
- Gordon Keller, Retired US Forest Service
Moderated by: Laura Fay, Western Transportation Institute
- Planning and site investigations: soil types, site soil mechanics, and water management and drainage measures.
- Soil Bioengineering, Biotechnical and Mechanical Stabilization: soil bioengineering and biotechnical and mechanical stabilization of low volume roads.
- Erosion Control and Earth Work Techniques: type of erosion and erosion control techniques.
The first 90 minutes of the webinar is for presentations and the final 30 minutes is reserved for audience questions.
- To understanding basic road slope stabilization and erosion control techniques.
- To learn about soil and water properties that add to slope instability.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter
There is no fee for employees of TRB sponsors who register using their work email address. In addition to employees of TRB sponsor organizations, the following are eligible to receive complimentary webinar registration:
- TRB and National Academies employees
- Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups
- CRP panel members who were involved with developing the report or project that is the subject of the webinar
- Members of the media
- Employees of tribal governments
- Congressional staff members
Other sites must pay $89 per site. View our pricing page
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour information:
A certificate for 2 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Reggie Gillum, RGillum@nas.edu
, with their license number.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in May 2013. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, PO Box 1686, Clemson, SC, 29633. Website: www.RCEP.net
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 8/28/2013