As part of the SHRP2 Tuesdays Webinar Series, TRB conducted a webinar on April 1, 2014, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET that summarized SHRP 2 Projects C08: Linking Community Visioning and Highway Capacity Planning
and C02: Performance Measurement Framework for Highway Capacity Decision Making
View the recorded webinar
Project C08 produced an interactive Vision Guide
to assist practitioners in better integrating transportation decisions with social, economic, and environmental considerations. Project C02 developed a Capacity Performance Measures web resource
that allows users to both browse individual planning factors and generate a report with a set of measures that are relevant to a given project. Both tools have been incorporated into a beta web portal known as Transportation for Communities - Advancing Projects through Partnerships (TCAPP), currently available at http://www.transportationforcommunities.com/
. TCAPP will be re-launched at a future date as “PlanWorks” by the Federal Highway Administration.
- Evan Enarson-Hering, Cambridge Systematics, Inc.
- Hugh Louch, Cambridge Systematics, Inc.
- Larry Anderson, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
Moderated by: David Plazak and Stephen J. Andrle, Transportation Research Board
- PART 1: Brief overview of the SHRP 2 mission, objectives of the Capacity focus area, and related SHRP 2 research
- PART 2: Introduction to the Transportation - Visioning in Communities project and the resultant Vision Guide
- PART 3: Discussion of the Performance Measurement Framework for Highway Capacity Decision Making and web resource
- PART 4: FHWA’s perspective on implementation strategies, tactics, and opportunities
- PART 5: Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar were for presentations and the final 30 minutes were reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants were able to:
- Discuss how the public involvement process of community visioning can be incorporated into effective collaborative planning of new highway capacity projects;
- Use the Vision Guide to prepare and execute a visioning process;
- List the five categories or stages of the planning process and the performance measures associated with each within the C02 framework and tool; and
- Use the C02 framework and tool to select appropriate performance measures for integration into planning and project development processes.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter
This webinar is sponsored by SHRP 2, and no fee is associated with registering for this webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Reggie Gillum, RGillum@nas.edu
, with their license number.
This webinar was developed in February 2014. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, PO Box 1686, Clemson, SC, 29633. Website: www.RCEP.net
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar has been approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log-in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
To report your CM credits, visit http://www.planning.org/cm
- Login using your ID# and password
- Select My CM log
- Select Add Credits
- Under Browse you have the option of searching by Date, Provider, or Distance Education and using the search box to type in the name of the event or activity and clicking go
- A pop-up box will appear. If this is a multi-part event you will have the option to select from a list of activities
- Please rate, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and answer
- Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 4/18/2014