As part of the SHRP2 Tuesdays Webinar Series, TRB conducted a webinar on April 29, 2014, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET that summarized SHRP 2 Renewal Project R03: Identifying and Reducing Worker, Inspector, and Manager Fatigue in Rapid Renewal Environments
. There was no fee to attend this webinar or other webinars in the SHRP 2 Series; however, participants registered in advance. A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) were provided to attendees who register and attend the webinar as an individual.
View recorded webinar
and accompanying guide
provided technical references and fatigue training materials with guidance for more effective organizational practices and work scheduling procedures.
- J. Elizabeth Jackson, Battelle Health and Analytics
- Jason Harrington, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
Moderated by: Andrew Horosko, Transportation Research Board
- PART 1: Brief overview of the SHRP 2 mission, objectives of the Renewal focus area, and related SHRP 2 research
- PART 2: Discussion of the SHRP 2 research about and products developed for managing workplace fatigue in rapid renewal environments
- PART 3: Plans for Implementation
- PART 4: Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar were for presentations and the final 30 minutes were reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants were able to:
- Define the risk factors associated with workplace fatigue in rapid renewal environments;
- Identify procedures to manage those risk factors; and
- Apply the model training and outreach materials for use in their own agencies.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter
This webinar is sponsored by SHRP 2, and no fee is associated with registering for this webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Reggie Gillum, RGillum@nas.edu
, with their license number.
This webinar was developed in February 2014. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, PO Box 1686, Clemson, SC, 29633. Website: www.RCEP.net
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 4/30/2014