As part of the SHRP2 Tuesdays Webinar Series, TRB will conduct a webinar on September 16, 2014, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET that will demonstrate the incorporation of travel time reliability into micro- and meso-simulation models and other model systems. The models include first-generation software that potentially can be integrated into many simulation packages in order to address travel time reliability.
The objective of SHRP 2 Reliability Project L04
is to address travel time reliability in planning and operations models to account for factors that cause non-recurring congestion. The associated report
provide practical means of generating realistic reliability performance measures using simulation models. These publications also explain how to address reliability with regards to demand and supply considerations and how to deal with reliability factors, such as incidents and breakdown in flow, which should be treated outside or inside certain types of models.
There is no fee to attend this webinar and other webinars in the SHRP 2 Series; however, participants must register in advance. A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to attendees who register and attend the webinar as an individual.
View the recorded webinar
- Yannis Stogios, Parsons Corporation
- Hani Mahmassani, Northwestern University
- Peter Vovsha, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Inc.
- John Halkias, Federal Highway Administration
Moderated by: William Hyman, Transportation Research Board
- PART 1: Brief overview of SHRP 2 mission, objectives of the Reliability focus area, and related SHRP 2 research.
- PART 2: Project objectives, principal tasks, key products, pilot location, and data
- PART 3: Framework for incorporating reliability into planning and operations models
- PART 4. Incorporating reliability into micro- and meso-simulation models
- PART 5: Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar is for presentations and the final 30 minutes is reserved for audience questions.
After completion of this SHRP2 Tuesday Webinar, attendees will be able to
- Identify opportunities to incorporate travel time reliability into micro- and meso-simulation models and to address reliability in standalone or integrated demand and network models;
- Integrate first generation software to explicitly address travel time reliability; and
- Compute reliability performance measures for origin-destination pairs.
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter
This webinar is sponsored by SHRP 2, and there is no fee to register or participate.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDH) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Reggie Gillum, RGillum@nas.edu
, with their license number.
This webinar was developed in June 2014. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, PO Box 1686, Clemson, SC, 29633. Website: www.RCEP.net
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 9/24/2014